Iceland Unwrapped by Helgastina has recently joined forces with some exciting partners to bring you the chance to experience the natural process of garment creation – from sheep to shop. This trip is the first of its kind, and a unique opportunity for knitters and craft-lovers to enjoy their pastime among the wondrous backdrop of rolling pastures and dramatic volcano mountain ranges.
13th to 17th September
An unforgettable 4-day trip includes
- Experience Icelandic wool/textile/fibre in nature
- Enjoy creating with Icelandic wool inside the wonderful landscape of Iceland
- Farm visit and collecting the sheep
- Insight into Icelandic history and how knitting and weaving has influenced society
- Meeting local artisans who will share their skills and design with you
- Knitting in nature – enjoying the stunning landscape while knitting your own creations
- Dining with the Icelanders
All of this will be accompanied by Iceland music, a specialist tour guide, a trip to the unforgettable geothermal baths, a chance to sample local culinary delights, and meeting the locals who bring so much creativity and magic to the area.
Accommodation, flights, Food, etc.
Accommodation is for the first two nights in Reykjavik in a traditional and beautifully designed apartment hotel in the centre of town. We will be staying one night in a beautiful fjord outside of the city. Our last night will be spent in a magical location, surrounded by lavafields and the powerful Atlantic ocean, in a place with great possibilities of seeing the northern lights. You can choose between two-person apartments or larger units. Please bear in mind the trip includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and one dinner. Alcoholic drinks are not included.
Tours, guides, transport and visits are included in the trip.
Also included are return flights from Amsterdam to Keflavik Airport, near Reykjavik. If you are travelling from other destinations in Europe or from a further destination please contact Helgastina for information on flights.
For those interested in doing other adventures on the trip, such as jeep tours and other adventure excursions, HelgaStina will happily provide offers on that.