Did you know…that the astronauts that went to the moon 50 years ago went to Iceland first to practice.
That’s not so surprising, when you consider a landscape like the one in the Highlands of Iceland. With the open space and rough landscape, you get the feeling of being on the Moon and can understand why this place was ideal for practicing moon walks.
Image courtesy: explorationmuseum.com
Included in the trip are:
- Excursions on monster Jeeps through the Icelandic Highlands with knowledgeable local guides
- Visits to the areas where the astronauts practiced
- Geological insights from experts
- You will try on a spacesuit.
- Other excursions cover scenic locations near the Icelandic coast
- Opportunities for geothermal bathing and swimming are also available.
- All accommodations and food are included during the trip.